Saturday 3 October 2020

Teeth Are Worth Working Keeping White

It may be the year of the face mask but that is no excuse to keep your dental hygiene in tip-top shape.  This can be anywhere from adding extra steps in care or even keeping your teeth whiter.  I think that a bright smile is important not only for your mental health but for your career as well.  There is more to simple looking good that can help you succeed, but first impressions mean a whole lot an yellow teeth can be a big problem.  Today I want to go over some ways to help brighten up your smile and even work on your basic dental hygiene as well.

 


Now there are some basics that everyone knows about.  I would say the basic step that many people start with is using a regular whitening toothpaste as a substitute in their daily routine.  This is usually a great way to work on keeping your teeth bright without actually spending much extra money on the task.  Most name-brand companies have whitening toothpaste, unfortunately, I have never noticed a single bit of difference from a name brand whitening toothpaste.  But I have found a solution that fits the bill.

 

Another option is to substitute a brush per day with a different kind of toothpaste.  This is a using a charcoal-infused paste.  I was a little skeptical at first but it turns out that the charcoal is a slight abrasive that actually helps to scrub off the plaque and yellowing of your teeth.  This is nice because I have found that after a month of use that it actually works.  I did not do a full switch, but my routine was to change my night brush out to charcoal toothpaste.  This meant I brushed once a day for a month and I actually saw brightening results.  This was done with nothing else changing in my routine.  It meant I still drank two cups of coffee in the morning and eat my normal diet.  Those things can have big impacts on the color of your teeth and that is also another whitening tip.

 


If you want your toothpaste to work the best at keeping your smile bright, drinking coffee right after you brush can actually cause your teeth to be more yellow.  It actually is giving a wide-open amount of enamel for your teeth to be stained by the coffee.  So this is one major area that you can cut back on in order to get a brighter smile.  It is wise to not drink nearly as many cups of coffee that I do and change it out to say a caffeine pill instead.  This is a smart move in order to whiten your teeth naturally. 

 


If you do need a quick whitening fix I have found strips to work very well.  There are lots of brands that make whitening strips which usually have a week or two regime in order to take your teeth from yellow to bright white.  I have used these on two occasions and they really did work.  It was a bit unfortunate on the reactions though.  I found that the warning label which states it may make your teeth sensitive was an understatement.  They made my teeth feel great amounts of pain and I was never able to finish the whole pack of strips. So be careful on this method, but I hope these ideas help you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep Your Mouth Healthy

This year has been the year of Chaos .  It has been an absolutely crazy time and has left many with a whole different life circumstances.  I...